Mar 10, 2015

A Good Day

Fetching water from our backup water barrel 

I told someone here recently, "Hey, we have water and electricity today, it's a good day!" But then I had to think, 'is that really what makes a good day?'

It really shouldn't for a believer. It's easy for me to get my eyes fixed on my comfort, on what makes life convenient for me. And for sure, that would be flowing water, the ability to wash my family's clothes, to have a fan on when it's hot and internet to stay connected to people far away. 

But this life generally isn't going to be like that. "In this world, you will have tribulation!" It doesn't get much clearer than that. "But take heart, I have overcome the world!" I can have victory, peace and even joy because God has already won the ultimate battle. I know the end of the story, and it's good!

~ Joy

Slone opening a birthday present by emergency lantern

No comments:

Post a Comment